Thursday 3 May 2012

I made it

it was a dream come true moment.

for me liverpool is about my big brother. i looked up to him when i was young. i looked up to him a lot. and when he cam in with the announcement that he supported liverpool. i was hooked. i envied his bag his scarf as he went to saturday morning football. i was a fairly poorly kid. i never made it to saturday morning football.

the allegiance to the Reds stuck. my big bro went on to like spurs and then settled with Crystal Palace. i, however, stuck with the reds.

grew up with them. loved the way Ian rush would make me feel when i saw him on the pitch. loved it when the words came out of from the seminal gerry and the pacemakers anthem.

i always wanted to get to see them in liverpool and recently we were given some tickets by the FA for an auction at an event i was involved in setting up. i head it was liverpool and got all excited. however the highest bidder happen to work with me and said he couldn't make it and asked whether i would like to go. i jumped up and down with joy.

i dreamed of this moment. to walk down to the stadium to see the team that has been a big brother to me since i was 5.

here's that moment my dream came alive. the experience was magical, made the 5 hour commute worthwhile. the only disappointment was the team itself. we lost. dismal performance. but what a night. still smiling now :)

No comments: